Easy pickle recipe
You'll never buy another jar of pickles again!
- 4 quarts of cucumber
- 2.5 cups vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 4 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 4 tablespoons black peppercorn
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Whole head of garlic, peeled, and each clove cut in half
- Red or white onion (optional), sliced to 2cm thick long pieces
- 20 sprigs of dill
- Dissolve salt and sugar in vinegar over heat in stainless steel pot. Once dissolved, add 4 cups of cold water and set aside.
- Separate coriander seeds, mustard seeds, black peppercorn and red pepper flakes into each jar bottle.
- Arrange cucumbers (if small enough, leave whole, or slice into fourths/halves or rounds), garlic pieces and sprigs of dill in each jar. I like to mentally separate everything to make sure I get an even amount in each jar.
- Pour vinegar mixture in each bottle, separate evenly. If you find that you don’t have enough, top off with some extra water.
- Leave in the fridge and wait! Rounds should take about a day to be able to eat, while long slices will take 2-3 days. Whole cucumbers, depending on their size, will take up to a week.