Chocolate chip cookies
My favorite and soon to be your favorite!
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp AP flour, sifted
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add egg and beat well.
- Add baking soda, salt and sifted flour and beat into wet mixture.
- Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Separate into portions of about 1 tablespoon in size and drop onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until edges are just browned, let rest on baking sheet for a couple of minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cook completely.
- Refrigerate for 4-24 hours to deepen flavors. If baking refrigerated dough, add on an extra minute to baking time.
Per serving: 130 calories; 7g fat; 15.3g carbohydrates; 1.6g protein; 21mg cholesterol; 126mg sodium.